Despite the huge selection of ready-made cosmetic face masks on the market, many still prefer tried and tested home remedies. Why? First, handmade masks are sometimes much more effective than store-bought ones. And secondly, you know exactly what you are applying because you selected and mixed all the ingredients yourself.
We have gathered for you the most effective homemade face masks, and all you have to do is choose what will be on your skin's menu today and in the near future.
You already know the best home masks for dry and damaged hair and the best home masks for hair growth. It's time for home care! Among the fans of the "natural" - the writer and model Alla. We asked them to share with us their secrets of Siberian beauty recipes and their personal skin care tips. Home Mask Expert: "I was born and raised in a cold climate. Back then there weren’t as many face masks as there are today. Home care products have therefore been more of a coercion than a trend to use only natural ingredients. However, many still prefer handmade masks today, because only then can you be 100% sure of their composition and quality. In this case, the main thing to consider is that there is no allergy to certain natural components. I will share with you the secrets of the masks from my childhood, as well as new recipes from which I see real results.
So, here are the best homemade masks for face and cleavage. Checked - they work!
My mother told me about this homemade mask. From a young age, she battled blemishes with the unique cleansing and exfoliating properties of baking soda. The duration of use of such a mask is one to three months.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ordinary soda and warm honey to create a plastic mass
- Hold the face for 20 minutes
- Flush with water
- If you want to add a skin lightening effect, you can add a drop or two of fresh lemon juice to the mass before use. Please note that this mask is not suitable for those allergic to honey. It should also be used with caution by owners of thin, dry and sensitive skin. But for those who have oily skin, this homemade mask will be a real salvation.
- The mask cleans and mattifies the skin
- Removes excess fat
- Relieves inflammation
- Relieves acne and pimples
- Tightens the pores
- Improves the complexion
- Promotes cell regeneration and rejuvenation
Important! Honey should only be warm! When heated above 45 ° C, it loses its beneficial properties and, moreover, becomes carcinogenic.
Chicken Egg Mask
Another recipe from my Siberian past. Such a mask perfectly replaces modern mask foils for cleaning and its effect can be felt already after the first application.
- Carefully crack the egg and separate the white from the yolk
- Apply the protein to the entire face, avoiding the eye area with the most sensitive skin.
- Hold for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
Since the protein has astringent properties, this remedy is not suitable for women with dry or irritated skin.
- This homemade mask removes oily shine
- Shrinks enlarged pores
- Helps get rid of comedones
- Leaves skin firm, firm and velvety soft
- Dries inflammation
Moisturizing halva mask
From the new masks I can recommend an excellent remedy from Halva. It sounds strange, but everything is explained simply: this oriental sweet contains a large amount of vegetable fats, food acids, proteins, glucose, mineral salts, vitamins and trace elements necessary for the skin. Such a rich composition makes halva not only tasty, but also good for the skin - it is an excellent homemade effective anti-aging face mask.
- Grate a small piece of halva
- Add some water and stir until a paste forms
- Apply the product with a special brush and leave it on your face for at least 30 minutes
- Rinse with water at room temperature
- The mask should be used with caution on girls with oily skin and should not be used on people allergic to peanuts and other nuts.
- The mask promotes cell regeneration
- Rejuvenates the skin and protects it from premature aging
- Smoothes wrinkles
- Moisturizes the skin well and eliminates peeling
Another plus of natural cosmetics is that effective face masks are easy to prepare at home. You can choose any product at a convenient time and make a rejuvenating composition for all skin types and get rid of many problems. For acne, for example, a toothpaste mask is an excellent remedy.
- Apply any toothpaste to your face in an even, thin layer
- Leave on for three minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water and a sponge and pat your face dry with a towel
- When applying, it doesn't matter at all whether you apply the paste wet or dry. The main thing is to clean the skin well and avoid getting the product on the eye area.
Important! The mask is not suitable for injured, dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin. The remedy is also prohibited if you may have an allergic reaction to the components of the toothpaste. The only exception for owners of sensitive skin is the moment when you need to dry the pimple locally. Then you can apply toothpaste to the inflammation with a cotton swab and wait until it dries completely, and then rinse with water. Also, for potential allergy sufferers, it is better to choose a plain white paste without any additives or tooth powder and dilute it with water.
- The mask revitalizes the skin and restores an even complexion
- Cleans and restores
- Effectively fights acne
- Removes black dots
- Makes the face look young and fit
Important! You can use the mask no more than 1 time per week. You can increase the cleansing effect if you gently massage your face with a soft brush or konjac sponge after applying the paste.
Now it's the turn of one of the most popular and beloved masks of many masks - yeast. This effective homemade face lift mask is on top of many beauties because of its miraculous properties. Yeast is rich in vitamins, micro and macro elements, organic acids, polysaccharides and lipids. The mask is suitable for all skin types, but it has an absolutely magical effect on acne, comedones, on dryness and dehydration, with a decrease in skin elasticity and turgor.
- Mix 10 grams of yeast with kefir or yogurt until a dense slurry is formed
- Put on a face mask
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water
- This wondrous mask offers deep cleansing from the first application.
- Improves the condition of problem skin
- Dries inflammation
- Tightens the pores
- Slows down the aging process
- sounds up
- Promotes natural collagen synthesis
- Perfectly smoothes wrinkles.
And my personal advice to everyone: never smile until you've washed the mask off your skin. All mimic muscles of the face must be completely motionless, otherwise you only risk deepening wrinkles. Better lie down and relax. All beauty!
Beer mask for combination skin
Beer is an ingredient that can be used in masks for all skin types. But it's especially good at fighting excess fat and pimples. Unlike the harsh acids and antimicrobial ingredients found in ready-made acne products, homemade beer face masks are completely safe — they won't dry out your skin and leave it smooth and even. In this homemade mask recipe, we recommend combining beer with oatmeal, which has cleansing, anti-inflammatory properties and a gentle exfoliating effect.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of light beer with 1 tablespoon of rolled oats, 1 egg yolk and 2 drops of sage oil
- Apply a thick layer to your face and lie down to rest. While the mask is on the face, it is important not to stand up and move the facial muscles.
- Leave the composition for 15-20 minutes and rinse well with warm water
- Smooth skin with a uniform color
- Inflammation dried up
- pores narrowed
- skin tightened
- After using this simple face mask at home, you will also get rid of the peeling, the skin texture will become more even and the oily shine will disappear.
Moisturizing and soothing aloe mask
To prepare homemade face masks with aloe, it is recommended to collect fresh juice and pulp of the leaves. To do this, cut off the lower and middle leaves of the plant, grind them in a meat grinder or blender and squeeze out the resulting slurry. Lovers of homemade masks "with experience" should not water the plant for two weeks before collecting the juice (do not worry, everything will be fine with aloe! ), And before you start mixing the mask, hold the leaves in theRefrigerator .
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe juice and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply to cleansed face, and also to neck and décolleté if desired.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water
- In the last phase it is important to wash with cold water so that all the nutrients are "sealed" in the skin.
- Tightened and moisturized skin after the first application
- Puffiness subsided and dark circles under the eyes disappeared
- It also reduces flaking and redness on the face.
- Using this simple homemade mask, a course of 5-10 procedures will strengthen the walls of blood vessels, due to which rosacea will disappear.
Nourishing mask made from avocado and yoghurt
Avocado is rich in beneficial fatty acids that nourish the skin, leaving it soft and supple. Effective homemade avocado masks will help to take care of both dry and oily skin, prevent wrinkles, give the face a healthy color and freshness. Nowadays, many cosmetic brands have launched avocado products, but you can save a lot of money by making a face mask at home.
- Using a fork or blender, mash 1/4 of an avocado into a puree
- Mix in a teaspoon of plain yoghurt and mix thoroughly
- Apply to face for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water
- The skin is supplied with moisture
- The face is clean and the skin is smooth and delicate
- Redness, peeling will disappear
- The dullness disappears and the tone becomes more even
Avocado, honey and lemon mask against age spots
When combined with lemon juice and honey, avocado forms an excellent natural formula to fight pigment spots. If freckles, dark spots on skin and uneven skin tone bother you, feel free to try this easy face mask at home!
- Mash a quarter of the avocado as in the previous recipe
- Mix the pulp with half a teaspoon of honey and the same amount of fresh lemon juice
- Apply the composition to the face, neck and décolleté for 20 minutes
- Rinse first with warm and then with cold water. You can even wipe your skin with an ice cube if there are no blood vessel problems
- This homemade mask has a powerful brightening effect thanks to lemon juice.
- Honey softens the skin and reduces inflammation
- With its moisturizing and nourishing properties, avocado balances the effects of acids and makes the skin smooth without damaging it.
Banana mask for mature skin
Bananas have many skin benefits, making them very popular for making homemade masks. It contains fruit acids, amino acids and vitamin C that strengthen the skin's protective functions, brightening and refreshing it. Vitamins from the B group have anti-inflammatory and healing effects, vitamin A accelerates tissue renewal processes, vitamin E is known for its anti-aging properties - it stimulates the production of collagen, which maintains the elasticity and tone of the skin.
- 1 medium banana, mashed with a fork (the riper the fruit, the better)
- Mix the resulting puree with 2 teaspoons of honey and 50 grams of yogurt
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Then rinse with warm water and do not dry the skin. Let the water soak in on its own
- This folk face mask has an excellent soothing effect after inflammation, heavy tanning and even sunburn.
- Helps against loss of elasticity
- Ideal for dry and aging skin, restores youthfulness
Oatmeal mask to tighten pores
Oatmeal has long been used to make face masks with your own hands. It contains thiamine and retinol, which accelerate skin regeneration. Vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps lighten pigmentation and even out skin tone, saturating skin with energy and revealing its radiance.
- Pour warm water over 1 tablespoon of crushed oatmeal and allow to swell. Take some water, about 60-75ml, otherwise the mask will be too runny
- When the porridge absorbs the liquid, add 1 tablespoon of blue clay and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the paste to your face and wait for it to dry completely.
- Wash off the composition with warm water, you can use a sponge
- Complement the treatment with a moisturizer suitable for your skin type.
Clay has drying properties so a cream or serum is a must or you may experience tightness in your face.
- Natural face mask with oatmeal and clay deeply cleanses and tightens pores
- Your skin gets an even micro-relief
- After the first application, the complexion is fresh and radiant.
- The tool also dries up inflammation and promotes its speedy healing.
Face mask with kefir for comprehensive care
Another easy homemade face mask that can be just as good as the expensive beauty store ones! Take at least this variant of the recipe with kefir, which will help to immediately get rid of a complex of problems: hyperpigmentation, inflammation, loss of elasticity, excess fat and black spots.
- Take 1 egg and separate the egg white from the yolk and then beat the egg white to a strong foam
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid honey and 3 tablespoons of kefir
- Apply to well-cleansed, steamed skin and leave on for 25 minutes.
- Then rinse off with warm water and rinse your face with cold water.
- The mask contains useful lactic acid bacteria that have a detoxifying effect – toxins and impurities are removed from the skin
- The face becomes clear and radiant
- If you use this homemade face mask at least twice a week for a month, you will notice that the manifestations of acne are reduced, the face becomes firmer and moisturized, and peeling disappears.
Rejuvenating mask with gelatin
How to make a simple face mask at home that looks like you just got a salon lift? Consider the recipes for masks with gelatin. Many argue that the effect of using a gelatin face mask at home is comparable to botox injections. You can check it yourself, especially since, unlike botox, gelatin is completely safe. Their action is based on the extremely high content of collagen, which is related to our skin and is responsible for its firmness and elasticity.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of powdered gelatin with six teaspoons of cold milk
- Heat the mixture in a water bath, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of medium-fat kefir and pour into the composition of 5-10 grams of flour
- Mix everything until smooth and apply to face for 20 minutes.
- After this mask, the skin appears denser.
- Increases skin tone
- The face looks fresh
- Also, a homemade mask with gelatin has the ability to effectively lighten age spots and narrow enlarged pores.
Lifting Strength Mask
A product like starch that seems completely useless for the skin actually has many valuable properties. Group B vitamins in their composition accelerate regeneration and stimulate the production of elastin, vitamin PP prevents the development of certain skin diseases, and vitamin C rejuvenates the skin. Homemade starch face masks are suitable for all skin types and can be used in a variety of ways. If there is no starch allergy, this product does not cause irritation, on the contrary, it soothes inflamed areas, opens pores, reduces greasy shine and helps fight age-related changes.
- Dilute 1 tablespoon of starch in 100 ml of cold water in a saucepan and mix thoroughly until the lumps are completely dissolved
- Then pour 50 ml of hot water into the resulting mixture and put the pot on the fire
- Stir the composition until it thickens completely, but do not bring to a boil.
- Next, the starch base must be cooled and add 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20-40 minutes
- If you like the effect and want to use this mask in a course, the starch mixture can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several days.
- Impressive elevator! Skin like after mesotherapy!
- The face is brightened and the skin is radiant
- The oval of the face is noticeably tightened
For quick results, this homemade face mask can be used before an important event or class for a cumulative effect.
Green tea mask for oily and combination skin
Green tea benefits not only internally. Try making a set of natural face masks with it at home. The tea leaf is rich in antioxidants that help skin glow with youth and health. It also hides imperfections, soothes irritation and reduces inflammation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of yeast with the same amount of dry tea and add some boiling water to the mixture
- Let the composition infuse for 20 minutes, and then add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Apply the composition to the face and hold for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water or a weak infusion of the same green tea, that gets even better.
- This easy homemade face mask is great for oily or combination skin.
- It's a great tonic.
- Refreshes the complexion
- Slightly tightens pores and eliminates excess oiliness
- Green tea also promotes the healing of pimples and inflammation.
Anti-aging potato mask
Potato contains B vitamins (stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin, regulates the sebaceous glands), vitamin C (tightens pores, smoothes wrinkles, tightens the skin), rare vitamin K (whitens, helps get rid of age spots). Recipes for face masks with potatoes will be useful for mature women who want to delay aging and make the skin clean and even.
- Peel the potatoes from the skin and grate on a fine grater
- Do the same with 1 green apple
- Blend everything into a smooth puree and mix well
- Apply the mask for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water
- After the procedure, be sure to apply a moisturizer
- This simple home mask has a lifting effect.
- Saturates the skin with vitamins and antioxidants
- Fruit acids in the apple gently remove dead skin cells
- Gives the skin natural suppleness and freshness
Cucumber mask for problem skin
Cucumber contains only water and minerals, making it a completely hypoallergenic product that will not harm even the most sensitive skin. It contains vitamins of the B group already known to us, vitamins E and C, as well as pantothenic acid, which effectively smoothes wrinkles, and phylloquinone, which brightens and smoothes the skin.
- Mix the juice of half a medium cucumber with two tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese
- Rub the mixture in well until smooth and apply to the skin of the face, neck and décolleté, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water
Important: It is not recommended to rub your face after such a mask, so wash your face and let the moisture penetrate.
- By making this cucumber face mask with your own hands, you will get a completely safe remedy with a natural composition.
- It will help get rid of pimples, blackheads and blackheads.
- Eliminate uneven tone and make skin radiant, even and hydrated
Mask with sour cream for problem skin
To prepare this effective, but extremely simple face mask at home, take fat sour cream. It is rich in vitamin E, which slows down skin aging, lightens pigmentation and eliminates all types of blemishes. And it is also this product that helps get rid of redness and heal sunburn. In addition, it also contains vitamin A - its derivatives are now added to the most popular products for rejuvenation and skin smoothing. It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which causes tissues to regenerate faster.
- For the best homemade face mask for problem skin, grab a handful of dried medicinal chamomile flowers.
- Grind the inflorescences into powder in a mortar and mix in equal parts with fat sour cream
- Apply the composition gently to the face, neck, décolleté and shoulders (helps with sunburn and freckles alike)
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then wipe the composition with a dry towel and wash the skin with warm water
- Chamomile soothes irritated skin, reduces redness and inflammation
- Sour cream acts as a nourishing and brightening component that makes the skin softer, smoother and more even.
Anti-aging khaki mask
Persimmon is able to "feed" not only the stomach, but also the skin. This bright orange fruit is rich in beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, which you've probably heard a lot about when you're curious about the ingredients of best-selling cosmetics. If you use persimmons in homemade face masks, you can get beautiful skin for pennies, especially in season!
- Take half a ripe persimmon, 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and a few drops of olive oil. You can take almond, coconut or flaxseed
- Mix everything well and then beat in a blender until smooth
- Apply the mask to cleansed face, neck and décolleté
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with water
To consolidate the effect, do the mask in one course and repeat the procedure 2 times a week.
- This mask does not act quickly, but the cumulative effect lasts for a very long time. After about 10-15 uses of this easy homemade mask, your skin will regain a good tone and glow.
- Wrinkles are noticeably reduced and the face is tightened
- There will be no trace of dullness, and the mask will help get rid of age spots.